• Owing to the pandemic, worryingly, there were fewer conversations between men and their GPs about prostate cancer, so troublingly, fewer men were referred for treatment. Prostate Cancer UK is working in partnership with the NHS to find these men. The earlier prostate cancer is caught the easier it is to cure, so finding them as soon as possible is crucial to saving lives. Please take and share the 30-second risk checker and help find them - see: https://prostatecanceruk.org/pol-risk.
• Cervical cancer is one of the most preventable cancers, yet, sadly, in England, two women die every day from it. Screening can help stop cancer before it starts. So don’t ignore your cervical screening invite and if you missed your last one, do book an appointment with your GP practice, as cervical screening saves lives. Find out more at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cervical-screening/.
• British Gas have been in touch regarding their £2 million fund for their customers struggling with energy debt. As part of this, they’re contacting their most vulnerable customers to let them know they can apply for an energy grant. To find out more, visit: https://britishgasenergytrust.org.uk/grants-available/.
• My colleague, Nick Fletcher MP, got in touch recently in respect of his campaign to see more people register their off-road vehicles with the DVLA, for free, to help tackle theft. This comes in light of the fact that off-road vehicles may be targeted by thieves due to lower registration rates with the DVLA. Therefore, simply registering the vehicle can help if it is stolen and I would encourage people to do so, here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/protect-your-off-road-vehicle.
• The JobCentre have been in touch to highlight the JobCentre Plus Travel Discount Card, which is being delivered in partnership with the Department for Work & Pensions. This discount card is available to those claiming Jobseekers Allowance or Universal Credit as they travel seeking work. More information about the card can be found through your local JobCentre.
If you have anything you would like to be featured next week, please email all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you have taken any photos of constituency landscapes or landmarks, which could be featured in my ‘Community Notices’ headers, please send them in and I will try to use as many of them as possible (and credit them accordingly!), as a celebration of the fantastic place we live and work in. I know we have many budding photographers in our community and it would be great to showcase their work!