- Singing can have great physical and mental health benefits, so if you’re interested in joining the Corby Male Voice Choir, do phone Steve Jackson, Choir Secretary on 01832 734259, or email stevecorbyMVC@outlook.com. They sing every Thursday in Corby – a great opportunity!
- I have heard about a fantastic group called ‘Encouraging Reading’, which aims to promote any sort of literature, whether that be a well-known title by a well-known author, or a local author, or an up-and-coming author. If you’re interested, you can find out more, here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2254079124855667/.
- I’m pleased to say that the Department for Education have announced the outcome of the Condition Improvement Fund (CIF) for 2019/2020. As part of this, £433 million has been allocated to 1,413 projects at 1,210 academies and sixth-form colleges across the country to improve buildings - keeping them safe, and in good working order. In particular, in Corby & East Northamptonshire, both St Peter’s Church of England Academy, and Manor School Sports College have been awarded funding. A further very welcome funding boost for local education!
- Citizens’ Advice are offering help to make a Universal Credit claim and receive the first full payment on time, through their new initiative, ‘Help to Claim’. It is available through their free phone line, web chat, and local Citizens’ Advice services. Call 0800 144 8444, go to https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/helptoclaim, or visit your local office to find out more.
- Homeowners looking to fit solar panels have the opportunity to get paid for the power they supply to the grid with E.ON launching its ‘Solar Reward’ incentive. For more information, visit: https://www.eonenergy.com/About-eon/media-centre/sun-rising-eon-launches-first-ofits-kind-solar-reward-for-new-solar-customers/.
If you have anything you would like to be featured next week, please email me all the details to email@example.com.
Also, if you have taken any photos of constituency landscapes or landmarks, which could be featured in my ‘Community Notices’ headers, please send them in and I will try to use as many of them as possible (and credit them accordingly!), as a celebration of the fantastic place we live and work in. I know we have many budding photographers in our community and it would be great to showcase their work!