- ‘Never Alone’ is a project initiated by Kings Cliffe Active, aimed at confronting loneliness and isolation, offering support to those affected. It is planned to launch in June this year, but needs your help to secure funding from the National Lottery Community Fund. To find out more, and cast your vote in support of this great cause, click here: https://www.thepeoplesprojects.org.uk/projects/view/never-alone.
- There is a new opportunity for local schools - the MARSBalloon project is designed to give students practical experience of designing and testing things to go into space, that could one day be destined for Mars! There is no cost to take part, just register before the 18th April 2019. Find out more, here: https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/futuremartians.
- The British Council is looking for future leaders aged 18-35 to join a group 50 young people from around the world in a ten-day programme in October to learn from policy experts and inspirational leaders. This is an invaluable opportunity for a motivated young person to meet similar high-achievers from around the world who are all united by their desire to make things better in their societies and beyond. Applications must be submitted online before the 6th May 2019 on this website: www.britishcouncil.org/future-leaders-connect.
- The Citizens’ Advice Service are offering help to make a Universal Credit claim and receive the first full payment on time, through their new initiative, ‘Help to Claim’. It is available through their free phone line, web chat, and local Citizens’ Advice services. Call 0800 144 8444, go to https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/helptoclaim, or visit your local office to find out more.
- Homeowners looking to fit solar panels have the opportunity to get paid for the power they supply to the grid with E.ON launching its ‘Solar Reward’ incentive. For more information, visit: https://www.eonenergy.com/About-eon/media-centre/sun-rising-eon-launches-first-ofits-kind-solar-reward-for-new-solar-customers/.
If you have anything you would like to be featured next week, please email me all the details to email@example.com.
Also, if you have taken any photos of constituency landscapes or landmarks, which could be featured in my ‘Community Notices’ headers, please send them in and I will try to use as many of them as possible (and credit them accordingly!), as a celebration of the fantastic place we live and work in. I know we have many budding photographers in our community and it would be great to showcase their work!