Office Privacy Notice

This privacy notice relates to personal data processed by the office of Tom Pursglove MP, Member of Parliament for Corby & East Northamptonshire.

Who is the Data Controller?

The Data Controller is Tom Pursglove MP, Member of Parliament for Corby & East Northamptonshire.

What does the office do?

The office discharges the duties and functions of an elected Member of Parliament. As part of this work, we conduct constituency casework and respond to policy queries, for which we must process personal data of our constituents. We also manage a small, non-political, mailing list for the purpose of sending Tom’s ‘Westminster Report’ electronic newsletter.

How do we process data?

This office processes constituents’ data under the lawful basis of public task. In instances where this lawful basis is not sufficient and explicit consent is required, a member of the office will contact you to establish your consent.

We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.  Please note that the office uses data from the open electoral register for referencing and filing purposes.

We may use your data to contact you with a non-political newsletter under the lawful basis of public task.

Will we share your data with anyone else?

If you have contacted us about a personal or policy issue, we may pass your personal data on to a third-party in the course of dealing with you, such as local authorities, government agencies, public bodies, health trusts, regulators and so on. Any third parties with whom we may share your data are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the basis upon which they were originally intended.  We may need to share your data with a third party, such as the police, if required to do so by law.

We will not share the personal information of members of the Tom Pursglove MP mailing list or those in receipt of the electronic ‘Westminster Report’ newsletter.

In any case, we will not use your personal data in a way that goes beyond your reasonable expectations in contacting us.

For how long will you keep my personal data?

Unless specifically requested by you, our office will hold your personal data for no longer than the duration of Tom’s tenure in Parliament.  Casework and policy queries are often revisited to provide the best service and representation for constituents, from whom we may continue to receive correspondence. Therefore, we feel it is reasonable for an elected representative to hold personal data for the duration of their tenure in Parliament.

If required for legal purposes, data will continue to be held irrespective of a request to erase.

What rights do I have to my personal data?

At any point while we are in possession of, or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:

  • Right to be informed – you have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data, the details of which are outlined in this privacy notice.
  • Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
  • Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
  • Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
  • Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
  • Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
  • Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
  • Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
  • Right to judicial remedy - if our office refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain to a supervisory body, in this case, the Information Commissioner (ICO), and, if necessary, a judicial authority.

How can I contact somebody about my privacy?

You can get in touch with our office by letter, email, or telephone using the details below:

Write: Tom Pursglove MP, House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA


Telephone: 020 7219 8043

Please note that we will ask for identification should you choose to exercise any of the above rights in relation to personal data we hold.